1.21.2010

Saint Gerard- Hey, it helped me!

I was just asked about how I handled the horrible time between the embryo transfer and the pregnancy test. Well I am really a pessimist. I was convinced I was not pregnant. I was making plans for the next IVF cycle. I was protecting myself.
My aunt is Catholic and before I started the whole IVF thing she gave me a medallion for Saint Gerard and a card with Novena prayers on it. He is the saint of motherhood and infertility. I said that novena every single day from the time the eggs were retrieved until the day I went to the hospital to have Vivian. I don't know if it helped. But I think it did. It eased my soul.
You might try it if you are going through the craziness of IVF or other infertility treatments. There is something very comforting in it!
Here is a website with more information. http://www.saintgerard.com/stgerard.html

No comments: